Visiting Professor Program
The IALS Visiting Professor Program invites you to gain experience and exposure by teaching at Gujarat National Law University for the 2018 Spring semester. This opportunity is only available to IALS members, and has had proven success. The program allows you to advance and be part of scholarly and academic pursuits, collaborative research projects, workshops, and conferences.
Visiting Professor Program Overview
- Teach one full 3 credit semester class.
- Receive round-trip airfare to your host school, a monthly stipend during your stay at the host school, comfortable housing, and a meal plan; in addition, library and online research access will be provided.
- Receive individualized support from an appointed host faculty member and support personnel (if necessary), who will be your liaison with the rest of the faculty and institution.
- At the end of the semester the Visiting Professor will be required to present a paper on their scholarship.
- It is the responsibility of the visitor’s home institution to maintain the Visiting Professor’s position at his/her institution, as well as any other pertinent arrangements agreed upon between the visitor and home institution.
To qualify, the faculty member must:
- Be a full-time member of the faculty of law of his/her institution with at least 10 – 15 years of teaching experience.
- Teach Investment Law, Tax Law, Transportation Law and/or Transnational Law.
- Have excellent language proficiency in English.
- Be from an IALS member law school.
- Be able to commit the whole-time frame agreed upon.
- July 15 – September 1: Application Period.
- September 25: Selected Professor will be notified via e-mail.
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a statutory university established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. It is one of the National Law Universities of India working towards contributing the efforts of institutions of governance, judiciary, executive, economy and civil society to achieve holistic development of humankind and the nation. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and University Grants Commission (UGC) (2f & 12b). The University is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and the University is functioning as nodal agency to uplift the legal education in the State of Gujarat. GNLU is also a member of International Association of Law Schools (IALS), Asian Law Institute, United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) and Shastri Indo – Canadian Institute. Recently, GNLU has been accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC. Visit their website at: https://www.gnlu.ac.in/aboutus.php
If your school is interested in hosting, please contact us!